Translate

Monday, July 16, 2007

When I See You

When I see You, it will be
all I'd dreamed and so much more.
I'll look up to see You standing
there to greet me at the door.

And Your face, it will be shining
true and bright, just like the sun
as You smile and finally tell me,
"Welcome home, My little one.

No more burdens, no more troubles,
no more trials to grieve your soul.
You're no longer sad and broken,
you've found joy and now you're whole.

You have toiled and you have labored,
you've done battle with the best.
Now, my good and faithful servant,
you'll enjoy eternal rest."

When I see You, oh, I'll see You
crowned in glory, robed in grace,
love without condition glowing
on Your holy, loving face.

Trumpets sounding, angels singing,
heralds of the battle won -
only when I finally see You
will my true life have begun.


To anyone whose loved one has been called home by our Lord,
and especially to Daddy and Carol N. today:
There are no words that can erase your loss,
but I hope you find some measure of peace
when you think about all that your loved one has gained.

No comments: