Translate

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Unfinished Portrait

The artist sees the portrait in His mind,
but 'til He's finished, I will never find
the purpose in what was meant to be,
or the precious beauty that He sees in me.
The barren canvas slowly comes to life
with colors that reflect the shades of me.
How brilliantly He paints my soul in time
and bares the depths that only He can see.


People usually look back and reflect on life at the end of the year. Or at the beginning of the year. Or after some major, life-changing event has occurred in their lives. Well, I'm a rebel and I am going to reflect now. In August.

I have had one very eventful year. It's been emotional, draining, full of ups and downs and valleys and speed bumps and pot holes, along with the good, the bad and the ugly. I probably cried more tears, laughed much harder and gained a much deeper understanding of what it is to love and be loved than I ever had before. So far.

I have grown in ways that were painful, healed in ways that surprised me, and received gifts that humbled me. I have changed more in this one year of my life than I ever thought possible. For now.

With all the changing and growing and learning and loving and hurting and laughing and crying and healing I've done in so short a time (it didn't feel short at all much of the time), I have so much more of those things to do. And some of it will feel much better or much worse than anything I experienced this past year. You see, the Artist is not finished with me yet. Until He is, I stay on the roller coaster ride and do my best to trust that He has the completed me, the perfected me, in His mind and that He will reveal her to me according to His perfect will, in His perfect time.

No comments: