Translate

Friday, January 4, 2008

Blame it on Eve

She took the apple from the tree
and bit it on a whim,
so now, and ever, we are blamed
for weaknesses in him.


No, I didn't just write this. I wrote it several years ago when, I'm pretty sure, I was fighting with my husband. It just so happens that I pull it out periodically when I feel it applies to my life. I recite it. Over and over again. And it keeps me from nagging, you see, because I am so very busy reciting it. Over and over. Okay, so the reciting and nagging parts aren't true, but I enjoyed saying them.

And, yes, I'm sure that every woman has felt this way at one time or another - whether she admits it or not. Don't read too much into it. Just let it flow over you. Chew on it a little. Digest it. And then let it go. That's what I do.

Talk amongst yourselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There was a little bit of a 'blame game' going on in the Garden of Eden. Eve blamed the serpent. Adam blamed Eve - "that woman that you gave me" (Gen 3:12). Interesting enough, God made Adam responsible (Gen 2:16-17) and reminded him of that (Gen 3:17).

The weakness is in man and in woman. Thank God that by the blood of Jesus I am justified, made righteous, just as if I had never sinned!